FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I keep getting an error message when I try to download the eBook file(s)
My system thinks you have already reached the download limit. This can happen accidentally with vigorous clicking on the link when you are trying to open it. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will re-send the email to you with the links.
Or, you may have actually downloaded the file too many times. I strongly suggest that readers save the files to their hard drives first before reading or printing them. This way they can be opened, read and printed from your hard drive as many times as you need. Again, drop me an email and I’ll take care of you.
Can I get this in a Kindle version?
Yes! All eBook purchases now include a Kindle formatted file of my book.
How do I get the book on to my Kindle?
Just like with the PDF file, first download the file to your computer’s hard drive – somewhere easy to remember. Next, attach the file to a blank email that is sent to your special Kindle email address (will end in “@kindle.com”). Press send and turn on your Kindle. Make sure “wireless” is on. Amazon will charge you a small fee for this. Your file should download within a couple of minutes to your Kindle. Alternatively, you can plug your Kindle into your computer with the USB cord that came with it. When it is plugged in, a screen will come up with folders. You can then transfer the book file to your Kindle through the “Book” folder on the screen. This is a free transaction with no charge from Amazon.
I never got my eBooks
The eBooks are delivered by email at the same time as you get your credit card receipt by email. The two most common reasons for not receiving this email: 1) the email is in your spam filter (by far the most common); or 2) there is a typo/mistake in the email address you gave me. If you don’t find the email in your spam filter, send me an email from your preferred address and I’ll take care of it.
A less common reason you didn’t get your email was you paid with an e-check rather than a credit/debit card. In the case of an electronic check, the transaction won’t “fund” until the money is received from your bank – usually 3-5 business days. Once I get the funds, the email goes automatically. If you used an e-check, but would like to get your books sooner, let me know. I’ll cancel your current order and you can re-purchase using a credit or debit card.
The files won’t download/open
Each browser (FireFox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.) has its own way of handling downloads. There is usually a default folder for downloads. Often, you are given an option of where to save a file. If your file is not opening when you click on it, check your default download folder. You may be able to right-click on the link and choose “save file as” or “save page as” and then tell your system where you want to save the file. If you are not sure, you can save to your desktop and then move the file later.
The eBook pictures are low resolution
A few of my readers have told me that some of the screenshots were hard to see. There are many factors that determine picture resolution including your computer and printer settings.
In addition, I had to compress the file to 10MG for it to be delivered properly to my customers. For all these reasons, I “blew up” chapters 10-12 and offer them to my customers as separate files. The pictures are much bigger and clearer. When you are ready to sign up with Scan Power and Amazon’s Seller Central, print off these files and use them to follow the directions step-by-step.
My screen looks different from the book when signing up for AWS
Amazon has recently updated its sign-up procedure for third-party software vendors. It is now through the Amazon Marketplace Web Services or MWS instead of AWS. The most current instructions for connecting Scan Power to your Amazon account can be found on Scan Power’s website at this link: http://www.scanpower.com/support/listing-repricing/
I’m having trouble with Scan Power/Scan Power Mobile
If you have questions about Scan Power’s listing program or Scan Power Mobile, please contact Scan Power directly at: email@example.com and they’ll get back with you quickly, or you can call during business hours (East Coast Time) at: 855-322-7693. There is a lot of information on both products at: www.scanpower.com. In addition, you may find that others have asked your question before on the FBA Forum: http://bitly.com/fbaforum or on the Scan Power blog: http://www.fbablog.com
In addition, you should have received an email from Scan Power when you signed up with links to videos, walk-thrus, etc., to get you started using the product(s) right away.
Lastly, here are some links to get you started:
- Contact ScanPower tech support: firstname.lastname@example.org They are quick to get back by email
- Read my recent blog about the new ScanPower. It includes a link to a Step-by-Step that I created to help you with your settings: www.fbastepbystep.com/scanpower-step-by-step
- Review ScanPower’s videos: http://www.scanpower.com/support/video-tutorials/
- Look at ScanPower’s directions online for signing up for ScanPower and Amazon’s FBA program: http://www.scanpower.com/support/listing-repricing/
- If you are having trouble setting up your Dymo printer with ScanPower, see instructions here: http://www.scanpower.com/support/printer-setup/
How can I save $137.29 on my Scanfob 2005 Bluetooth scanner for Scan Power Mobile?
Serialio.com has a special discount for Scan Power Mobile users who are using Make Thousands on Amazon in 10 Hours a Week! to get started with their FBA businesses!
- To buy your Scanfob 2005, click: Serialio Scanfob™ 2005 PLUS SerialMagic – Special Coupon. You MUST buy from this page.
- Buy as normal. During the check-out process, you will see the box for coupons. Cut and paste this code into the box: FBAPOW~BundSM-586a22cd7b and click on “Redeem.” It won’t work if you don’t redeem it.
- At that point, your discount will be applied and you’ll see the price change. Your cost – not including shipping and tax (for California residents only) is $282.61. **Please note: Serial IO reserves the right to change its prices. Your coupon will still work, but the amount of savings may vary depending on the actual price of the product on the day you buy it.
Normally $419.90 ($349.95 ScanFob + $69.95 SerialMagic software), you save $137.29!
What is SerialMagic? In addition to using your Scanfob™ 2005 to scan items with Scan Power Mobile, you can also use it as a data entry device to enter items into Scan Power in your PC. In addition, you can scan any barcode into any program such as Excel or Word. Assuming you have Bluetooth capabilities with your computer, there is no need to buy an extra USB scanner.
Is Scanfob 2005 available in the UK?
Yes! Serialio ships international and works with your Android phone in the UK. Follow the directions above to get your Scanfob and discount. You will pay more in shipping, of course. Typical express mail to the UK with insurance is $38-$40. UPS is roughly double. You can choose the best option for you during check-out.
What kind of phone/device do I need to use Scan Power Mobile?
Any Android-based smartphone that is running the latest version of Android will work. In addition, you can run Scan Power Mobile on your iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4.
How do I get SerialMagic Gears software on to my smartphone in order to make my Bluetooth scanner work with Scan Power Mobile?
SerialMagic Gears is required to use the Scanfob™ 2005 on Android devices. Download it by searching for SerialMagic in the Android Market. iPhone owners only need to download the Scan Power mobile app.
I can’t get my ScanFob to connect with my Smartphone
The tech support guys at Serialio are terrific and will walk you all the way through set up if you get stuck. First, you may want to check out this information from their website:
- Scanfob™ 2005 support: http://serialio.com/support/Scanner/Scanfob_2005/index.php
- Scanfob™ 2005 iPhone and iPad setup: http://serialio.com/support/Scanner/Scanfob_2005/iPhone_Setup.php
- Scanfob™ 2005 Android setup: http://serialio.com/support/Scanner/Scanfob_2005/Android_Setup.php
I live in the UK – how can I get your blog on my Kindle?
The Amazon Kindle link on this blog won’t work for you because it takes you to the US store and you have to order from the UK store. If you search blogs on the Amazon.co.uk site in the “business and investing category,” you will find my blog FBA Step by Step. Or, simply follow this link: http://amzn.to/FBAblogUK.
I’m having trouble shipping my first box to Amazon
Review this document on “Your First Box to Amazon” that I wrote. If your answer isn’t there, check out these resources:
- Amazon.com’s seller support – absolutely fantastic people. I call them whenever I need help. You can find them under the “Help” link at the upper right-hand side of every page in SellerCentral. You have email and phone options. They are very responsive.
- FBA Forum – see the link on the “Helpful blogs and websites” page on this blog. Someone has probably had your question before. After you are accepted into the group, you can do a search by key words to find out.
- FBA Radio – twice a week you can join the chat room live and ask your burning questions. See the link on the “Helpful blogs and websites” page on this blog.
Questions About FBA and other topics
Do you offer a satisfaction guarantee on the book?
Absolutely! I want you to get value from my book. If you buy the eBook package and are not happy, I will refund your cost up to 30 days after purchase. Send me an email with your request at: email@example.com. You will need to delete all files from your hard drive. If you bought the paperback book from Amazon, you can arrange a return and refund at this link: http://amzn.to/returnsprocess.
Are Scan Power (formerly FBA Power) and Scan Power Mobile available in the UK?
Yes! Sign up here for Scan Power’s UK version. It is £39.95 per month. If you also get Scan Power Mobile, it is a total of £59.95 per month.
Once you are signed up, send an email to Scan Power (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell them that you signed up through me and would like a free month of FBA ScanListUK. They’ll reverse the charges for your first month.
In the UK, Scan Power Mobile works on Android phones (only). You can download it from the Android App Store on your phone (or Amazon’s Android App Store). Scan Power Mobile is smart and knows where in the world it is. It works the same way as in the U.S.
Is Scanfob available in the UK?
Yes! Serialio ships international. Follow the links and coupon directions given under the technical FAQs (above) to get your Scanfob and to save $137.29!
Do you have a UK-version of your book?
Not yet. I’m planning to have additional support for UK FBA sellers at some point, but nothing is ready to talk about yet.
Does Amazon offer its FBA program in Canada?
Yes!! Amazon has launched Canada’s FBA program recently and you can get in on the ground floor so to speak. Go to Canada FBA to learn more.
I’m an FBA Seller. Where can I find more information about restrictions and rules around FBA?
If you printed your contract with Amazon.com, a lot of the information is there. You can find it by logging in to your SellerCentral and then clicking on “help” in the upper right-hand corner. There is a link for “Policies and Agreements” in the “shortcuts” box on the upper right-hand side of the page. This is what you agreed to when you signed up with Amazon’s FBA program so it is good to know what is in there.
In addition, Amazon provides an FBA manual through SellerCentral. Login and go to “help” at the upper right-hand corner of every page. Under “help” look for the FBA manual and the “Getting Started Guide.” Both are very helpful for new sellers.
I am already using Scan Power, can I still get a free month?
The offer of a free month is for new customers only. Scan Power offers free trials of varying lengths to all its customers. When you signed up, you received a free trial at that time.
Do I have to use Scan Power to be successful selling on Amazon?
No. What you DO need is a tool to make listing and scouting more efficient and with the best possible data. When I wrote this book, it was to explain what I was doing/using to be successful on Amazon. I talked about Scan Power because I know it best. There are other solutions out there and many of the other players have copied Scan Power’s features which makes for a highly competitive landscape of robust products. If you want to check out other options for yourself, I’ve written a blog post about the tools with links: www.fbastepbystep.com/fba-seller-tools for you to start your research.
I have a FBA question that is not about Scan Power or Scan Power Mobile
Amazon.com has terrific support for its sellers. These folks are top in their class when it comes to customer service.
- Amazon.com’s seller support –You can find them under the “Help” link at the upper right-hand side of every page in SellerCentral. You have email and phone options. They are very responsive.
- FBA Forum – see the link on the “Helpful blogs and websites” page on this blog. Someone has probably had your question before. After you are accepted into the group, you can do a search by key words to find out
- FBA Radio – twice a week you can join the chat room live and ask your burning questions. See the link on the “Helpful blogs and websites” page of this blog
Do you offer consulting/coaching on Amazon FBA?
Yes. I offer private consultations at a rate of $150 per hour and we can use the hour however you like. Generally I consult over phone and/or Skype. For those who buy my eBook, I take $50 off the first hour. In addition, I have occasional live scouting classes in the Dallas, Texas area for $75 (again a $50 discount applies for those who’ve bought my book) for two hours.